After 12 months of customer feedback and internal research, Resident Block Management Software is proud to release version 3 of their industry leading block management software. Re-written from the ground up to use the latest cutting edge web technologies combined with a brand new user interface – this release will make the lives of those who manage blocks easier and more efficient and marks a major milestone for the company.
Founder of Resident, Kate Boyes:
“My goal, as it always will be, is to create tools that enable managing agents and estate agents in general, to conduct business in the modern age, at an affordable level. By building a team of extremely talented individuals, I am now coming closer to that goal. Over the next 12 months, Resident will be launching products to the sales and lettings market, while continuing to add features to our block management software. It is an exciting time for our industry, but with increasing challenges, which our software will help to manage.”
A summary of the new features are:
- Automate bank feeds in a couple of clicks, saving c. 80% of bookkeeping time. Reconcile payments like never before.
- Ground breaking arrears system: 8 step process to keep on top of service charge debts.
- User interface: a brand new look and feel, built to be cleaner, more intuitive and work faster. Using the latest web technologies, users will feel as if they are using a desktop program, but in a web browser.
- Full tasking system: see, assign and track tasks, across all blocks, and against budgets.
- Improved messaging: view messages across all blocks, add attachments, track messages against related topics, and even from automatic emails.
- Logging: who did what and when for auditing purposes
- Improved work orders management: multiple quotes against single works orders, and improved work progress tracking.
- Low level permissions management: allowing permissions to be set against every page, every item (block, unit, invoice, etc.) against every role. For example, to let a Leaseholder view but not edit a budget.
- Branding: brand the portal, invoices, emails, statements and other attachments
- Individual databases for agencies: meaning increased data security and allowing direct access for advanced reporting as each database is unique and isolated per customer.
- User and leaseholder portal registration: to make it as user friendly as possible, new accounts have the option to sign up using social accounts such as Facebook, Google or Microsoft.
- Recurrent invoices: the system, if you set it, can automatically create recurrent invoices, such as utility bills.
Complementing this new version will be a new, fully searchable, self service knowledge base, which will include updated video guides to help with the on-boarding of current and new clients.
Resident was created by Kate Boyes, a chartered surveyor and property manager who has been letting and managing property for over 15 years. She is also a fellow & former board member of ARLA. Through her work Kate recognised a need for a more cost-effective solution that modernises block management and makes it more accessible and transparent, and so Resident was born. Together with Technical Director, Jeremy Timms, a veteran with over 25 years experience within the I.T. industry, in less than 2 years, it has become a market leader and an award winning solution.
Tel: 0203 7515 628